Monday 24 May 2021
The impact of this issue announcement is high. Please act accordingly to rectify the issue, as stated below.
What you need to know:
Google has released a minor update for its browser flagship Chrome after receiving news about crashes occurring since Thursday on Windows 10 and Linux worldwide.
All Google Chrome versions from 90.0.4430.212 and below.
Actions to be taken:
Users who are experiencing the crash issues are recommended to follow this workaround:
For impacted Windows devices follow these steps:
- Quit any open Chrome windows.
- Re-open Chrome. You will still see the broken behaviour.
- Keep Chrome open for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes quit Chrome and then relaunch Chrome. The behaviour should be resolved.
For impacted Linux devices follow these steps:
- Navigate to the directory containing the Chrome user profile:
- Delete the contents of the [Chrome user profile]\Origin Trials subdirectory
- This should include a “22.214.171.124” directory
- Delete the [Chrome user profile]\Local State file
- Start Chrome, which should load as expected