Level 1 Security Operations Centre Analyst
Schedule Type: Full Time
City: Metro Manila
Reporting to the SOC Manager, the Level 1 SOC Analyst will be responsible for monitoring, escalating and providing resolution of the s, while working in ticket-based system support flow. The candidate should be experienced in working in an enterprise application and provide technical insight in supporting the incident management process while aligning to industry best practices.
Role responsibilities and expectations:
This role involves working within a 24x7x365 shift operation environment and ensuring consistent, dependable, and high-quality delivery of processes. Successful candidates will:
- Review logs and alerts received from security assets, create incidents, assign/engage respective Level 2 or Third-Party support teams as needed.
- Have the ability to multi-task, work on and progress multiple tickets, and meet the operational and service level targets.
- Ensure all customer affecting security events are managed to resolution in a timely manner, meeting all SLAs.
- Escalate high priority incidents or customer issues to Team Lead.
- Perform documented procedures for standardised support activities.
- Have a willingness to learn, absorb and correlate technical information and then be able to interpret and simplify it.
- Be well organised and able to leverage best practices, able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and most importantly, have the ability to approach problems with a can-do attitude and the ability to work independently.
- Be willing to work to flexible schedules.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Network Security, Information Security, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- 1 to 2 years of work experience in a technical support or Level 1 analyst role.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
About Secon Cyber:
Secon Cyber is a leading cyber security company that provides a wide range of cyber security services and technologies to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions and governments. Founded in 1999, the firm is headquartered in the UK with offices in the Philippines. We solve cyber security challenges using an array of services and technologies, including:
Technology advisory and sourcing: Providing independent advice on the most suitable cyber security technologies, sourcing and supplying these technologies.
Solution design and installation: Designing, installing and configuring on-premise and cloud cyber security technologies and solutions.
Security Operation Centre (SOC) as a Service: With our dedicated team of cyber security analysts and engineers, we assist our clients with security related issues and incidents.
Managed Detection and Response: Taking security feeds from our customers’ installed security products and processing them to produce real actionable events, which are passed directly to our Security Operation Centre to be dealt with on our customers’ behalf.
SIEM as a Service: Taking security feeds from our customers’ installed security products and processing them to produce real actionable events, which are passed directly to our clients.
Managed Security Services: Maintaining and managing our customers’ cyber security technologies
Cyber Security Consulting: Providing cyber security maturity assessments and providing cyber security technology assessments.
Secon Cyber is an equal opportunities employer.
Other Open Positions
Level 2 Security Operations Centre Analyst