Level 2 Security Operations Centre Analyst
Schedule Type: Full Time
City: Metro Manila
Role responsibilities and expectations:
This role involves working within a 24x7x365 shift operation environment and ensuring consistent, dependable, and high-quality delivery of processes. Successful candidates will:
- Be responsible for reviewing alerts, the evaluation of its urgency and relevancy.
- Be responsible for performing vulnerability scans.
- Be responsible for reviewing the vulnerability scan results and implementing remediation actions.
- Provide help in handling incidents and increasing the capabilities of the current defensive security tools.
- Provide help in deploying new products and tools to advance the capabilities of the team.
- Provide help to maintain the current security-related infrastructure (e.g. SIEM, Vulnerability Scanner, IDS, EDR tools).
- Work with end users on detecting and remediating endpoint alerts and issues.
- Work with senior technical staff for threat hunting, event remediation, and deployment and tuning of security systems.
- Work with senior SOC team members on enhancing policies and procedures for standardised secure operations.
- Provide initial incident response and triage of new NOC and SOC events.
- Accomplish daily administrative tasks, reporting, and communication with the relevant departments in the organisation.
Required skills and experience:
- Has minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a Security Operations team or a related technical IT operations function.
- Has demonstrable experience in security assessment and incident management.
- Has experience with Firewalls (functionality and maintenance), Office 365 Security, VSX, and Endpoint Security.
- Has Technical education, preferably in computational sciences or business information technology.
- Has basic experience in IT risk management, Information Security and IT processes.
- Has excellent Windows Operating System skills.
- Has good understanding of IP networking.
- Has strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to make decisions and lead through high-pressure and demanding situations.
- Has strong track record of sound judgement and professionally handling highly confidential and sensitive situation.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
About Secon Cyber:
Secon Cyber is a leading cyber security company that provides a wide range of cyber security services and technologies to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions and governments. Founded in 1999, the firm is headquartered in the UK with offices in the Philippines. We solve cyber security challenges using an array of services and technologies, including:
Technology advisory and sourcing: Providing independent advice on the most suitable cyber security technologies, sourcing and supplying these technologies.
Solution design and installation: Designing, installing and configuring on-premise and cloud cyber security technologies and solutions.
Security Operation Centre (SOC) as a Service: With our dedicated team of cyber security analysts and engineers, we assist our clients with security related issues and incidents.
Managed Detection and Response: Taking security feeds from our customers’ installed security products and processing them to produce real actionable events, which are passed directly to our Security Operation Centre to be dealt with on our customers’ behalf.
SIEM as a Service: Taking security feeds from our customers’ installed security products and processing them to produce real actionable events, which are passed directly to our clients.
Managed Security Services: Maintaining and managing our customers’ cyber security technologies
Cyber Security Consulting: Providing cyber security maturity assessments and providing cyber security technology assessments.
Secon Cyber is an equal opportunities employer.
Other Open Positions
Level 1 Security Operations Centre Analyst