JOB TITLE: Security Operations Centre Analyst – Level 2 (Philippines)
Role Responsibilities and Expectations:
- The role involves within a 24 x 7 x 365 shift operation environment and ensuring consistent and dependable high-quality delivery of processes.
- Responsible for reviewing alerts, and evaluating its urgency and relevancy.
- Responsible for performing vulnerability scans.
- Responsible for reviewing the vulnerability scan results and implementing remediation actions.
- Provide help in handling incidents and increasing the capabilities of the current defensive security tools.
- Provide help in deploying new products and tools to advance the capabilities of the team.
- Provide help to maintain the current security-related infrastructure (e.g. SIEM, Vulnerability Scanner, IDS, EDR tools).
- Work with end users on detecting and remediating end point alerts and issues.
- Work with senior technical staff for threat hunting, event remediation, and deployment and tuning of security systems.
- Work with senior SOC team members on enhancing policies and procedures for standardised secure operations.
- Support Level 1 SOC Analysts with incident response and triage of new SOC events.
- Accomplish daily administrative tasks, reporting, and communication with the relevant departments in the organisation.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has a minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a Security Operations team or a related technical IT operations function.
- Has demonstrable experience in security assessment and incident management.
- Has experience with Firewalls (functionality and maintenance), Office 365 Security, VSX, and Endpoint Security.
- Has Technical education, preferably in computational sciences or business information technology.
- Has basic experience in IT risk management, Information Security, and IT processes.
- Has excellent Windows Operating System skills.
- Has a good understanding of IP networking.
- Has strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to make decisions and lead through high-pressure and demanding situations.
- Has a strong track record of sound judgement and professionally handling the highly confidential and sensitive situations.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Salary: TBC (in PHP)
How to Apply:
Please send your current CV and contact details by email to [email protected].
Secon is an equal opportunities employer.