MISSION OF THE ROLE
To build, manage and develop Secon Cyber’s consulting division to world class standards such that it has the capability to provide incident response, forensic services, testing services and cyber security process design to organisations of all sizes.
- Take the lead in incident response and forensic services from inbound requests.
- Design and deliver end to end web, mobile and network penetration testing.
- Provide advice and guidance around IT security, across organisational and governance teams.
- Produce and present clear and consistent technical, management and commercial documentation.
- Confidently scope complex and critical projects as well as high level and detailed deliverables.
- Undertake complex and critical consultative engagements at senior management level.
- Manage the PnL of the division
I. Teamwork – working as a team but also helping other members of the team to achieve a common goal quickly and effectively.
II. Responsibility – the ability to make decisions in certain circumstances, take ownership and be accountable for tasks and projects.
III. Communication – ability to convey technical information to a senior management audience in a simple and unambiguous way. Distribution of messages clearly and concisely and in a way that connects with the audience; ability to understand instructions, acquire new skills, make requests, ask questions and relay information with ease.
IV. Top technical skills – Extensive experience in incident investigation and management. Significant experience in digital forensic investigation and IT risk management. Proficient in web, mobile and network penetration testing with a track record of end to end testing of complex systems.
Knowledge of web application technologies and layer 7 protocols like HTTP, DHCP, DNS, FTP etc. Good understanding of networking concepts around Ethernet, switched LAN and WAN environments. Prior knowledge or academic familiarity with reverse engineering, malware analysis, security research and forensic tools. Practical knowledge of application security standards and compliance (e.g. GDPR, Cyber Essentials, OWASP, SOX, HIPAA). Strong understanding of cryptographic concepts and applied cryptography (SSL, AES etc.)
V. Detail oriented – strong project management skills (objective setting, communications, risk management, performance tracking, evaluation/measurement).
VI. Problem solving – strong analytical skills; ability to accurately assess a situation and arrive at a positive solution.
VII. Commercial awareness – general knowledge of business and profit & loss.
VIII. Results orientation – knowing what results are important and focusing resource to achieve them.
IX. High energy – self starter; consistently energetic, positive and proactive in meetings and in dealinging with colleagues.
X. Trustworthiness and ethics – consistently good judgement and commitment to integrity.
SCOPE OF CANDIDATE
Duration of Experience: 5 years+.
University Degree preferably in a STEM subject.
ITIL Foundation or above essential.
CISSP or equivalent IT/Information Security qualification preferred.
NCSC Accreditation (CREST, Cyber Scheme or TIGER Scheme).
Location: Commute to Secon Cyber; preference for South West London/West London/Surrey residence. However, home based will be considered for the right candidate.
I. Reporting, management & support:
– Senior Information Security Consultant will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
– Senior Information Security Consultant will work very closely with the Leadership Team.
– Senior Information Security Consultant will have the support and access to our existing SOC engineers and security consultants.
– Senior Information Security Consultant will be responsible for managing the divisional budget with support from the Finance team.
II. Start date: April 2019 or sooner
III. Location: Secon Cyber HQ in Hersham, Surrey
IV. Remuneration: negotiable depending on experience; mix of basic salary + performance related bonus
31/01/2019 – Application Close Date
w/c 04/02/2019 – Initial Telephone Interviews
w/c 21/02/2019 – 1st Round Interviews
w/c 04/03/2019 – 2nd Round Interviews
Email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com