Head of Marketing
Mission of the Role
To build, manage and develop Secon Cyber Security’s Marketing capability to world class standards such that it generates quality sales leads with the potential to significantly increasing the company’s revenues.
I. Manage the development of a new marketing strategy and action plan by Q1 2018.
II. Successfully complete implementation of a brand refresh by Q2 2018.
III. Manage the launch of a major thought leadership campaign by Q3 2018.
IV. Successfully execute the marketing strategy and action plan by Q4 2018 and beyond, e.g.
– Clearer marketing objectives; improved measurement and evaluation
– Increased high quality in-bound sales lead generation
– Increased digital/social media engagement and reach
– Increased share of voice in marketplace compared to competitors
– Increased quantity and quality of existing customer engagement
– Increased consistency of message
– Increased in-house marketing skills and capabilities
– Increased confidence in and understanding of marketing across the business
I. Teamwork – working as a team, but also helping other members of your team to achieve a common goal quickly and effectively.
II. Responsibility – the ability to make decisions in certain circumstances, take ownership and be accountable for tasks and projects.
III. Communication – ability to convey information to others in a simple and unambiguous way, distribution of messages clearly and concisely and in a way that connects with the audience; ability to understand instructions, acquire new skills, make requests, ask questions and relay information with ease.
IV. Top technical skills – strong understanding of B2B marketing and the full marketing mix (earned, owned, shared, paid), in particular the use of content marketing, relationship marketing, PR and thought leadership as means of generating sales leads.
V. Detail oriented – strong project management skills (objective setting, communications, risk management, performance tracking, evaluation/measurement).
VI. Problem solving – strong analytical skills; ability to accurately assess a situation and arrive at a positive solution.
VII. Commercial awareness – general knowledge of business; specific understanding of Secon Cyber Security’s industry.
VIII. Results orientation – knowing what results are important, and focusing Secon Cyber Security’s resources to achieve them.
IX. High energy – self starter; consistently energetic, positive and proactive in meetings and in dealings with colleagues
X. Trustworthiness and ethics – consistently good judgement and commitment to integrity.
Scope of Candidate:
Duration of Experience:
– 5-8 years
– Software and/or technology and/or cyber security
– B2B, content marketing
– Commute to Secon Cyber Security; preference for South West London/West London/Surrey
I. Reporting, management & support:
– Head of Marketing will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
– Head of Marketing will work very closely with the Head of Sales.
– Head of Marketing will manage a marketing team, which initially consists of one Marketing Executive and one Marketing Assistant.
– Head of Marketing will be supported by an external part-time Director of Marketing for aspects of marketing strategy.
– Head of Marketing will be responsible for managing the marketing budget, with support from the Finance team.
II. Start date: as soon as possible
III. Location: Secon Cyber Security HQ in Hersham, Surrey
IV. Remuneration: negotiable depending on experience; mix of basic salary + performance related bonus
– Application Close Date
– Initial Telephone Interviews
– 1st Round Interviews
– 2nd Round Interviews
Graduate Security Engineer
Are you interested in:
• Cyber Security?
Our Graduate Programme:
During your time with us you will have a nominated Mentor who will welcome you, introduce you to the team and look after you throughout your programme. You will have the opportunity to spend time with different members of our teams and learn from each of them.
Our Technical Team will cover areas such as:
• What is Incident Response?
• How security operations centre works.
• Understanding real time security threats and how to mitigate.
• Understanding how different technical issues arise and are resolved.
• What is service delivery?
• Functions of service delivery.
• Service reviews – speaking with customers and their case lists and general service.
• Reporting – looking at case numbers and volumes;
• Case management.
• Security threats.
• Pre-sales – how this bridges Sales and Technology.
• Detecting security threats.
• Security Products.
• You will spend time developing yourself by using Immersive Labs, tackling various cyber security challenges on this ever evolving development platform.
You will also have access to:
• Our CEO, Technical Director and Chief Operating Officer to ask and have answered any questions you may have.
At the end of your programme:
• Presentation – we will set you a task toward the end of your programme to research and you will present your findings back to our Management Team.
Our aim is to develop our Graduates to become either full technically capable security engineers, capable of design and implementation of complex security systems or pre/post-sales consultants who can work with our clients on their security challenges.
If you are a recent graduate and are interested in joining our team, please send your details with covering letter to us.