I joined Secon Cyber Security straight from university as a Business Development Manager. My role has always been to advise customers about security solutions and understand how we could help protect their business.
During my 14 years with the company, I have been on a continuous learning curve. The world of cybersecurity fascinates me and I'm always learning new things about security: new technologies and developments, threat landscapes, attacks, solutions. It's a game of cat and mouse and of building the better mousetrap. My passion for cybersecurity has allowed me to grow personally in the company and professionally in the industry. I am proud to say that I am a key trusted advisor to many corporate organisations having helped shape their cybersecurity strategy. I coordinate the resources needed to service planned rollouts and deployments, build strategic security plans and balance the expectations of clients with the execution of projects. My role is to ensure that our clients have the adequate technologies, processes and skills in place to protect themselves from the ever growing cyber attack landscape.
Finance & Admin Manager
I came to Secon Cyber Security 3 years ago, from a non accounting background. With the support of my managers and colleagues, I have been allowed to grow into my current Finance and Admin Management role. I am currently studying for my AAT Level 3 Diploma, and hope to go on to complete Level 4 in accounting. I have enjoyed being at Secon Cyber Security; everyone in the Company are genuine, happy, positive people, who are always willing to help each other out. The Managers are just as open and never have I felt unable to speak to anyone within the company, about anything. I have also grown personally here and hope to spend many more years continuing to develop and progress my career at Secon Cyber Security.
Secon Cyber Security is the first company that I have worked for that actively supports and promotes employee empowerment. Everyone's opinion within the company is valued and sought after. The culture here is positive, supportive and values-based which is extremely healthy to be around as a recent graduate. At Secon I have found a strong platform from which to develop and broaden my skills in Marketing. It's an easy environment to work within, where my colleagues and management staff are always happy to help and provide support. Needless to say its a great place to work and build your career.
Secon Cyber Security, the leading cyber security systems integrator and service provider is seeking an accomplished Account Director. As an Account Director you will ensure that your clients have the adequate technologies, processes and skills in place to protect themselves from the ever growing cyber attack landscape.
You will be primarily responsible for the management of relationships with key clients and act as the senior point of contact for our clients and key prospects. You will also coordinate the resources needed to service projects, build strategic security plans and balance the expectations of clients with the execution of projects.
You will be expected to work closely with your clients to plan a successful cyber security strategy in line with their company vision, culture and budget lifecycle, whilst also playing a positive role in Secon Cyber Security’s new business programme.
- Taking a lead in clients’ cyber security objectives and strategies
- Liaising with clients at a senior level on a day-to-day basis
- Educating clients on the emerging threats and technologies
- Promoting the expansion of business with existing clients
- Working with other senior managers to generate new accounts
- Completing projects to a specific schedule and within an agreed budget
- Leading key stakeholders within Secon Cyber Security’s team to provide the utmost level of client service
- Position Secon Cyber Security, technically and strategically
As an Account Director you will need a wide range of abilities. These include:
- Significant experience in professional client relationship management
- Successful new business track record
- A successful track record operating in the VAR market within cyber security
- A technical background in cyber security
- The ability to plan and strategise at a senior level
- A persuasive and confident approach to pitching cyber security technologies and services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective team management capabilities
- A keen attention to detail and the ability to accurately forecast business
- Full awareness of security technologies and architecture – including in-depth product knowledge of Trend Micro, Forcepoint and Checkpoint
- An entrepreneurial spirit with boundless energy
You will spend time in meetings and briefings, as well as remaining in close contact with key clients. Travel is required for client visits and new business presentations. Although your commitment will tend to be standard office hours, deadlines or the demands of a client may see you working early or late to ensure continued success.
We are a leader in our field and have a fabulous reputation for customer service and innovation. We offer a great working environment, with a very competitive package. This is a brilliant opportunity to further your career and join a fast growing and dynamic business.
Email your CV and cover letter by filling the form below.
Apply for this position:
We are seeking a bright and ambitious computing graduate to join our small but dynamic team of developers and cyber security engineers. You will be involved in the full development life cycle of our innovative Cyber Security Management Information Platform, using the Agile methodology and taking guidance from the Product Manager and CEO. Duties will include analysis, design, code and test with a small element of deployment and supporting our Cyber Security engineers where necessary.
Current technologies include the full Microsoft stack hosted on a cloud platform with Web UI, standalone application & database components as well as a multi-threaded windows service, processing large volumes of log data received from customer sites. In addition, there is a small element of Linux work, configuring 3rd party products and interfacing with our CRM system and other security systems via an API to complete the end to end pipeline.
We are looking for an ambitious, natural problem solver and team player to contribute to all aspects of the product development. You will have the ability to communicate to both a technical and non-technical audience as well as, on occasion, going to meet and present to key corporate clients.
You will have:
- Development skills in C# (Windows Services, EXE, ASP.Net)
- Working knowledge or awareness of Windows 2012, Microsoft IIS 8.x, MYSQL, Microsoft – SQL 2012 (T-SQL), Syslog and Json/LZO, XML
- Any awareness or exposure of cloud platforms would be a bonus
- 2:1 or above in a Computer Science, Software Engineering or related subject
- Email your CV and cover letter by filling the form below.
Apply for this position:
Technical Support Engineer
- Work Area: Technical Support – security
- Location: Hersham
- Work Hours: Mon-Fri 8 hours per day between (7am to 7pm), with weekend and or out of hours work on rare occasions
- Career Status: Professional
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Excellent Salary
The highly technical role will involve providing our clients technical support and the security solutions that they have purchased from us. Such solutions will include Endpoint Security, E-mail Security, Web Security and Firewall and VPN. The role will also involve supporting Secon’s IT infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in IT Security technology with good networking understanding and a natural attitude for problem solving. An enthusiastic attitude and willingness to provide our clients with the highest level of service which they will have come to expect.
The job role provides a broad, deep spectrum of technology learning and offers a clear path from Support Engineer to a choice of Senior Consultant, Solutions Architect or Technical Account Manager.
Key vendor modules that training included are: Checkpoint, Zscaler, Mimecast, Trend Micro and Forcepoint, these will enable you to build and sharpen your business, technical and project delivery skills. The knowledge you gain on the helpdesk and through to on-site project implementation will be put into practice on technically challenging work.
- Participate in a team environment.
- Facilitating and maintaining successful relationships with Secon’s customers.
- Support on malware related issues, the support will be provided to Secon’s customers via various means of communication such as phone, email and web tools.
- Provision of detailed and accurate guidance on the use of Trend Micro, Forcepoint, Juniper products to supported customer base.
- Effectively interact with the engineering team to provide solutions to complex technical issues.
- Share best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of support and project delivery.
- Ability to manage own time effectively.
- Quick learner with desire to learn new tools, products and techniques.
- 1-3 years of support experience.
- The candidate will have experience in Trend Micro, Forcepoint, Checkpoint, or products in similar security solutions areas, ideally with Trend Micro.
- Significant experience in one or more of the following: Server/Desktop Operating Systems, Networking Architecture, Messaging Servers, Firewalls, Inter-relational Products and Peripherals customised to each client network.
- Significant experience in basic troubleshooting and management experience in multi-protocol (TCP/IP) routed network environment.
- Strong multi-tasking and problem resolution abilities
- Good written and verbal skills
Apply for this position: