Making an investment in Check Point firewalls without management and visibility left a multinational logistics company clueless.
A multinational logistics company invested in Check Point technologies to defend their global network from unauthorised connections.
As time went by, Group IT found that there was inconsistency within the branch offices for maintenance and policy management of their firewall and gateway security infrastructure, leaving the entire network exposed and compromising global trade.
What was achieved?
- Identified gaps in the client’s security at two of their critical ports
- Previously there was no proper security setups at these locations and our team worked with the client to identify exactly what they needed.
- Provided management of their firewall infrastructure
- By ensuring there was clear visibility and consistency across the estate, we significantly increased the level of security.
- Implemented constant monitoring for incoming threats
- As these operations are of national interest for both regions, the likelihood of threats is high and could ultimately affect global trade. Our 24×7 monitoring ensures any potential threats are caught and contained early.
- Assisted and aided in ensuring compliance measures continue to be met
- Since this client is audited by external agencies and needs to meet both regulatory and security standards in order to keep their ports open, our reports help provide the evidence that the client remains compliant and resilient to cyber threats.
As part of this project, we continue to:
- Provide visibility, consistency and centralised policy management across their security estate
- Perform backups of their firewalls and software configuration
- Issue monthly service reports to address firewall performance and security status
- Monitor their firewall logs 24x7x365 using our ConnectProtect® platform