Wednesday 09 December 2020
The impact of this issue announcement is high. Please act accordingly to rectify the issue, as stated below.
Apex One – versions prior to Server Build 9120 and Agent Build 9120.
What you need to know:
Trend Micro has announced the release of Patch 4 – Server Build 9120 and Agent Build 9120 for Apex One to resolve the following product issues:
- Users may not be able to view Predictive Machine Learning Log Details on the Apex One web console when the file name or the file path contains Japanese characters.
- Users will not be able to uninstall a security agent using the “PccNTMon.exe -m <uninstallation password>” command if the agent uninstallation password contains “-c”.
- The following error occurs when users run the “autopcc.exe -f -u” command on an agent computer: “Unable to upgrade/update the Apex One Security Agent. At least one file cannot be replaced. Unload the Apex One Security Agent and try again.”
- When an incorrectly formatted Device Control settings file is loaded, Apex One Real-time Scan does not start as expected.
- Apex One cannot retrieve the correct domain information for agents that are in the Read-Only Domain Controller (RODC).
- The Apex One Master Service stops responding repeatedly after Apex One Patch 3 Build 8378 is applied.
- Sometimes, an issue related to the “tmescore.sys” and “tmesutil.sys” drivers of the Apex One Endpoint sensor may trigger blue screen of death (BSOD) on Dell laptops.
- The Apex One server may not display Security Agent logs on the web console.
- The Apex One Common Client Solution Framework service may stop unexpectedly and create multiple dump files due to a threading issue.
- The Apex One Common Client Solution Framework may stop unexpectedly on the Security Agents.
- Apex One uses a version of PHP that may cause vulnerabilities. (VRTS-4681), (VRTS-4687), (VRTS-4691), (VRTS-4692), (VRTS-4694), (VRTS-4698), (VRTS-4699), (VRTS-4685), (VRTS-4686), (VRTS-4688), (VRTS-4689), (VRTS-4690), (VRTS-4693), (VRTS-4695), (VRTS-4696), (VRTS-4697), (VRTS-4700), (VRTS-4701), (VRTS-4702).
- Policy deployment failure issue when upgrade from Apex One B2xxx or earlier build.
Actions to be taken:
Check the release Read Me file to obtain pre-requisite software (such as Service Packs) before applying any of the patch solutions.